It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:30 pm 

I bought this recently and i must admit I am really happy with the purchase it suits my needs perfectly. I left a review inside of the asset store but I will echo it here too as it contains some suggestions that i hope you could shed some light on for me.

Hear are some ideas, improvements that would make this the must have audio tool for unity

1. When in the piano roll interface I find that the lack of octaves pretty limiting. my simplest fix for this would be to add an octave + - button to it so Developers can use the same asset instead of making duplicates of samples

2. More tracks, 12 tracks is awesome dont get me wrong but perhaps a few more would be a great addition its just a suggestion as I can see the limiting factor in this

3. Better Pattern management, the one and only gripe that stopped me giving 5 stars was the pattern management after a certain number of Patterns are added to the mix they strangely start going to the start of the song which can cause no end to problems and creates more work than is necessary, I have found a way to deal with this but i think it should work straight off IMO

4. Just keep making this better, I love that someone has actually gone ahead and created such an awesome plugin, I fully support this and cant wait to see what comes from it in future, you certainly have a loyal fan of this add-in just keep making it better for us OK.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:24 pm 

Hello Invisionary, thank you for breaking the seal on the Music Composer forum! I am hoping that, over time, this will be a good place for people to discuss sequencing music in Unity.

I've responded to your very generous review (sincerely appreciated :)), pasting the response below:

Thank you so much for the kind comments! This is still in active development and I hope you enjoy some of the updates I have planned :)

The octave limit is something i am putting some thought into. Most samples do not hold up well when transposed more than an octave up or down. I am considering alternative approaches and will be sure to post info on the product page with progress on that front.

You can actually add more than 12 tracks in the current version :) Check out the steps here:

http://www.namelesssyntheticlifeforms.c ... seqwindow/

I will be adding a scrollbar in a near update to help manage large numbers of tracks.

Thank you for letting me know about you the issues with the arrangement process, i will work on improving this.

Thanks again!!!